ABOUT CREATIVE @ THE MANY:
Creatives at The Many are experts at challenging comfortable — concepting, presenting, and executing ideas that are timely with insights and thoughtful in craft, helping to move brands forward in ownable and authentic ways. We design, write, and produce creative across every medium to break through in culture, inspiring new thinking in the world.
The Many is looking for an Associate Creative Director, with a background in Copywriting or Art Direction and a passion for streetwear, luxury and sneakers to lead teams of copywriters and art directors in creating social content for the world’s best platform for buying and selling fashion. The ideal candidate can mentor nascent talent, skillfully balance the opinions of stakeholders (Brand, Strategy, PM, Media, Production, Analytics), comfortably collaborate with clients, and still develop ideas that make influencers jealous and/or their parents take notice. Please present a portfolio demonstrating your creative works.
But first… check out our work here. These are things you'll be making!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Dive deeper into the trading cards community to connect with all sub-cultures, from sports trading cards to collectible card games like Pokemon, Yu Gi Oh, and Magic the Gathering, as well as collectibles like figurines, comics, and sports memorabilia.
- Lead social content that brings strategy to life across platforms. From social-first activations to platform hacks, tentpole moments to evergreen content, the internet will be your oyster.
- Guide copywriters to write for screens of all shapes and sizes, inspiring your team to create engaging content and influential campaigns.
- Organize your team’s ideas so that high level marketing executives will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to produce them.
- Partner with an Associate Creative Director/Art Director to tackle all problems as a team when appropriate, or divide and conquer when necessary.
- Support Creative Directors in understanding and implementing feedback from internal stakeholders and clients, then ensuring all facets of campaign creative are executed as agreed upon.
- Learn from award-winning creative leaders to improve your craft and grow as both a creative and leader.
WHAT YOU'VE ALREADY DONE:
- 1-5 years managing creative contributors and production partners against finite timelines and budgets to create work that people will talk about.
- You know what it takes to get a 10 on a grade, get stoked by case breaks, with an interest in CCG and/or Sports that keeps you up on the latest card news. Scour communities on Reddit, Twitter, Discord, TikTok, Twitch, Whatnot, or all of the above, with a knowledge on what makes card collectors tick.
- Write, and you love it. Short form. Long form. Formless. Always in an effort to win the internet.
- Speak fluent internet, yet also have a firm grasp of classic rules of grammar and syntax so you can break them in the most audacious ways possible..
- Express your unique view of the world, often in as few words as possible, and help others do the same.
- You believe that truth is stranger, funnier, and more engaging than fiction.
ABOUT THE MANY:
The Many is an internationally-awarded, integrated, independent advertising agency that believes progress is only achieved when we challenge what’s comfortable. Its offices overlook the Pacific Ocean in Los Angeles and the Atlantic in Boston, yet its team spans the globe with a virtual-first work culture that taps the best talent, regardless of location. The agency applies a diversity of thought, people and disciplines to its work, which ranges from integrated campaigns and breakthrough design, to social movements and world record-setting activations. Rounding out its services, the media and analytics group uses data-driven decision making to ensure effective results regardless of the output.
In 2020, The Many made the shortlist for Campaign US Agency of the Year, and has also been recognized as one of Adweek’s Fastest Growing Agencies and Ad Age Small Agency of the Year, three times. Its work has won at Cannes, One Show, Shorty Awards, Clio Awards, LIA, D&AD, Andys, and PromaxBDA. For more information visit TheMany.com and follow @TheManyAgency on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.