If you're looking for the next phase of your career as a Media Planner, we want to talk to you. Love numbers? Looking to challenge the status quo in the ad world? Excited to create an impact at an innovative agency? Yeah, we definitely want to talk to you.
As a Media Planner at The Many, you would be an important member of the day to day Integrated Media team, helping bring great advertising and communications campaigns to life.
What success looks like
After 90 days:
- You are consistently pro-active and show you “want the ball.” You have embraced your clients and have a solid understanding of the business, the target and their objectives. You consistently deliver a high degree of accuracy and precision in your work. In short, you have become a trusted member of the internal team.
After 1 year:
- You work increasingly independently on your ongoing assignments, needing little direction and guidance even when problems arise and projects do not go as expected. Accuracy is consistently displayed across projects. You have built a trusted relationship with one or more of our clients. In short, you are on track to be promoted to Supervisor.
Responsibilities and Duties
From Day 1, our Media Planners have the opportunity to experience a wide variety of assignments across our diverse client portfolio.
Below are some of the key activities/expectations of our Media Planners:
- Help plan and activate media activity across digital, traditional, influencer and paid social media.
- Embrace a client’s business, including understanding the target, category, and client’s competitors
- Gather and analyze relevant data and calculate basic media math to support sound recommendations for when, where, and how a client’s advertising dollars should be spent
- Monitor and maintain budgets, reporting, flowcharts and buys to ensure campaigns run as ordered and are optimized for future plan improvement
- Research and evaluate competitors advertising efforts to identify opportunities and threats
- Build productive relationships internally, with external agency partners and with clients
- Support effective communication with internal cross-agency teams (creative, social, account, production, etc.) to ensure they have all the information needed in a timely fashion
- Show a keen interest in and growing knowledge of emerging trends across the media landscape
- Provide timely responses to ad hoc requests
- Conduct varied data analyses using Excel, Pathmatics, Kantar, Talkwalker, MRI-Simmons, etc.
- Additional duties may be assigned
- You recognize the importance of details and accuracy and are committed to getting it right the first time
- You communicate effectively, both in person and in writing
- You are resourceful and organized and can get things done, even when the road may be a little difficult to navigate
- You are a team player who is excited to support in various aspects that span from administrative and research duties to brainstorming and presentation writing
- You have the ability to take direction, ask questions, think critically and problem-solve.
- Even under pressure, you can deliver high quality work within tight deadlines
- You are a self-starter; you work with a high level of initiative and flexibility
- You possess a basic awareness of media landscape, trends, and challenges
- You like to speak up with new ideas and challenge the status quo
- You enjoy learning and are willing to lean into new opportunities
- You demonstrate high Excel proficiency, including the use of functions, filters and Pivot Tables
- You have hands-on experience with a variety of media tools including MRI-Simmons, Kantar, Pathmatics, Google AdWords/Analytics, Facebook Business
- At least 1 year (or more) experience planning media across a variety of digital/traditional channels
- Bachelor’s degree (Marketing/Communications preferred); Master’s degree preferred
- You can back up all of the above with detailed examples and stories!
Our salary range for this opportunity begins at $68K (or higher based on experience)