Similar to the Project Manager (PM), the Senior Project Manager (Sr. PM) leads the day-to-day execution of projects such as print, digital, POS, social, pitch presentations, etc., as well as assists with broadcast and experiential projects. The Sr. PM is responsible for the communication and delivery of creative projects to the client and the creation of project schedules based on information provided by the client/brand team. The Sr. PM partners closely with the Brand Director, who directly manages the client’s higher-level relationship, while both Brand Directors and Project Managers (both senior and mid-level) share the day-to-day communications and relationship with the client. Therefore, our Sr. PMs must possess excellent communication skills and be comfortable taking the lead with clients from a Project Management perspective.
On larger accounts that require more than one PM, the Sr. PM shares responsibility with the PM or Jr. PM and they work as a team, but the Sr. PM also acts as a lead. The Sr. PM will own the overarching schedule and lead how all projects within the account are managed (if different from the existing process at The Many) and assist with finding efficiencies.
The Sr. PM owns the creative process from initial briefing, through concept approval, client presentations and revisions, and until final creative delivery. The Sr. PM must have strong attention to detail to ensure deliverables are correct and appropriate for client presentation/delivery.
Along with department Directors and our Resource Manager, the Sr. PM will also assist in raising any red flags or needs for resources as issues arise.
All Project Managers at The Many have the ability to produce great work results through relentless organization, uncompromising integrity, effective communication, and proactive problem solving all while taking full ownership of a project and showcasing passion for great creative work!
What Success Looks Like
- After 90 days: Owning the entire process and all projects for your brands/clients and completing various projects from larger integrated campaigns to smaller design and social projects. Keeping a great and dependable relationship with the client.
- After 1 year: Successfully completed various projects from larger integrated campaigns to smaller design and social projects. Establishing themselves as a proven leader with a track record of improving the project management and efficiencies of accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, maintain and execute full-cycle project plans and leads the creative through the process, including define project schedules, objectives, and deliverables to meet the needs of the client
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects, leading cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables are completed on time and to client expectations
- Oversee traffic management of projects from concept to completion, which includes developing, managing, and moving along project schedules with the client and creative resources
- React quickly to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently, while assisting creative teams in the prioritization of work.
- Coordinate project expectations with the brand team, creative team, designers/animators, other project managers, and third-party vendors (photographer/printers/illustrators).
- Develop and maintain proper vendor relationships to accomplish goals.
- Mitigate team conflict and communication problems; resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Look to continuously optimize processes on accounts or on certain projects
- Act as an integrated producer where needed for digital, print, and other projects
- Lead by example for other project managers on the team
- Additional duties to be assigned
- Minimum 4 years of project management experience at an advertising/creative agency
- Fully integrated experience a plus – including digital, print, social media, TV, and experiential
- Media experience a plus, as The Many is an integrated agency with media, creative, and production in-house
- Solid understanding of project management principles, methods, techniques, and web-based tools
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams in a collaborative agency environment
- Process-driven, highly-organized and methodical with excellent time management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize, execute tasks, and handle multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment and with multiple resources.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to think independently, proactively, and work autonomously when necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and communications skills, especially from a client perspective
- An enthusiastic, positive, and committed attitude, flexible problem-solver, open to participate and grow with the company
- Ability to produce great work results through relentless organization, uncompromising integrity, effective communication, and proactive problem solving
- Have a passion for great creative work
- Have a level of understanding of creative work and strategy, plus how it affects production, timelines, etc.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment
- Capacity to interact well with outside clients as well as internal employees who range in personality types
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines in a high-pressure environment
Our salary range for this opportunity begins in the mid $80Ks